Saturday 3 March 2012

The day my superhero status was defined

Once upon a time there was an Aussie, a Kiwi and a Swede and they all walked into a bar ... no wait, that's the start of a bad joke.
Lets start again.
Once upon a time there was an awesome Aussie girl names Pinko who became friends with  a Kiwi (El Crumbo) and a Swede (the person variety not the vegetable kind).  They did lots of fun things together like watch Finding Nemo, introducing me to salted candy and hanging out chatting (not stalking) as El Crumbo worked in the most dodgy of phone stores.
One day after I had come home from a trip to the movies and was settling in for a Sunday evening of pizza eating and tv watching I get an SOS message from El Crumbo.  It came in the form of a msn message although she could have set off the bat symbol in the sky ... anything is possible and nothing is ruled out.
Some mofo tag team had stolen her wallet as she was working and not only run away with her money but also her bus ticket and her prized photo of the Swede and her favorite little green wallet.


Mofo
El Crumbo was very very sad
Her favorite Swede turned up to try and make her happy
But she was still sad, and still stranded at Southland without her wallet, without her money and without a ride home ....
or so she thought
Pinko had jumped into her beast of a car named E and was chugging her way to Southland.  When a superhero hears their call ... they dont dilly dally around.
I parked E safely and rushed with lightening speed through Southland.  
But that's when heroness stood its toughest test.  
In between the two levels of escalators stood a barrier.
I had to get down there.  I had to go down the escalator to the bottom floor or otherwise my rescue would be a fail. Without thinking it through i leaped over the barrier in a single bound ...

and ran on down to see El Crumbo and the Swede ... they were beyond happy
well ... ok, maybe it more looked like this
With one foot on the going up escalator and one foot on the going down and my goodie parts resting on the barrier it felt like imminent death ... or a nasty rogering.


But I survived ... and E and I drove El Crumbo and the Swede home where she cooked a yummy dinner for her hero who risked her jibblets in jumping over barriers to save her and her Swede.
I shall now forever be - Pinko Bo Binko. Superhero.

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are AWESOME!
    Oost all the way!

    They also stole my phone.. hence the msn help alert! Incase anyone thought I was being El Cheapo!

    ReplyDelete